- Tibetan Calendar Water Snake (2013-2014)
- Calendario Tibetano Acqua Serpente (2013-2014)
- The Book of the Tun and the Ganapuja
- The Longsal Divination of Dorje Yudronma+set of d...
- The Cloud of Nectar: The Life and Liberation of Ny...
- Tibetan Yoga of Movement: Level One and Two
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead: Awakening upon Dying
- Jnanadakini Thugthig TEACHINGS AND PRACTICE and ES...
- Mantras and Invocations for the Practices of the D...
View Larger Image
Healing with Fire
This manual is the first of its kind to focus on the Tibetan technique of moxibustion, an external therapy that uses the power of heat to stimulate a curative effect. A widespread form of traditional healing in the East, moxibustion is one of the most ancient medical therapies known to humanity. Mainly popularized as a branch of Chinese medicine, moxibustion was originally practiced in Shang Shung, a kingdom predating Tibet whose existence can be traced back at least four thousand years. Healing with Fire is a comprehensive compendium of the five hundred most important and effective moxibustion points in the Tibetan and Shang Shung system, with an emphasis on practical instructions for readers with varying levels of expertise in the healing arts. The book is the culmination of decades of painstaking research by Professor Choegyal Namkhai Norbu, a foremost scholar of Tibetan culture and philosophy, who, inspired by his personal experience of this unique and effective treatment method, has gathered knowledge from ancient scriptures ranging from the well-known Four Medical Tantras to recondite manuscripts found in the caves of Tun-Huang. The book features twenty-five original drawings illustrating the positions of the individual points, as well as an index of indications to facilitate the identification of points for the treatment of specific medical conditions. It includes an appendix that discusses arcane astrological factors frequently taken into consideration in Tibetan traditional medicine.